BlueHost offers Linux based hosting only, and it is known for its shared hosting services. And it also provides an obvious option for PHP applications like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress and so on. cPanel is the necessary component for every plan BlueHost offer which provides SSL, MySQL, and Ruby on Rails, and along with this cPanel also provides the scripting competencies to the advanced users.
You can also avail the facility of cloud hosting services provided by BlueHost offers better performance and unlimited bandwidth, but with a difference, this plan comes with the original Control Panel of BlueHost instead of cPanel.
BlueHost offers VPS, dedicated and of course, reseller packages to provide to various category of clients. BlueHost also offers some e-commerce plans to target the e-commerce market. WordPress plans are also available with BlueHost so that for WordPress users it’s an ease to opt for the services.
Pros of BlueHost
1. Unlimited Resources – With certain packages BlueHost offers their clients some unlimited features, with which you could have to think about speed, storage, and other resources like Unlimited Domain hosting, unlimited hosting space, unlimited file transfer, unlimited email accounts.
2. Most Trusted, and Secure WordPress Hosting – BlueHost offers the best support for WordPress blogs because BlueHost features more safe and reliable web hosting services to their esteemed clients. And due to the reason why even WordPress.org itself has recommended BlueHost at the top among its list of hosting providers. All it is translated into a simple count i.e. more than 900000+ WordPress blogs are hosted on BlueHost, and this is not the finish line because this number is still going on and on.
The main advantage of BlueHost is their single-click WordPress installer which helps you create a WordPress blog in seconds without any manual installation. You can have full access to all your blogs from your cPanel provided by the BlueHost. With the help of this inbuilt cPanel, you can manage all your hosted domains, databases, script installations, and files much more efficiently.
3. Low-Cost Web hosting services – BlueHost offers a cheap hosting server solution. And one should most definitely go for the BlueHost web hosting server to grab the world best in class services. BlueHost offers some great plans in shared hosting which results into the cost cutting of the hosting expenses. This makes BlueHost shared hosting service exact fit for small to medium websites. Also, BlueHost offers free domain name registration for your business.
4. Great Reliable and Security Features – Security is the area where BlueHost has a lot to define because they display some excellent features in this area. BlueHost offers three level of anti-spam security- Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin. With this BlueHost offers protection for your inbox as well; here it is noticeable that it is easy to implement the filters. BlueHost offers single-click integration with CloudFlare, which offers even more excellent protection features and speeds up your site! CloudFlare is specifically effective for preventing DDOS attacks.
Cons of BlueHost
1. The Costly Migration – If you are not satisfied with the services of BlueHost and want to migrate then it will be an expensive exchange for you because BlueHost charges $150 as a fee for migration. And there is a limitation of five websites and 20 email accounts. While considering that other players usually offer free of cost services regarding the migration. And so is the reason this fee is irritating and inappreciable here.
2. If a MySQL query initiates a CPU overage, the logs don’t display about due to which particular query is responsible for the same.